This category of visa caters for people wishing to stay in Spain for a period maximum 3 months and may be applied if the person does not have a guarantor in Spain and buys a tour in a travel agency, or make a booking of tickets and hotel.
Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in Pound|
|Children between 6-12 years||Free|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, Family members of an EU/EEA National in possession of a valid 1*UK Residence Permit / 2* British Residence Permit card are not required of a visa to enter Spain if traveling with or intending to join the EEA family member. If the person travels without the family member, they would be required to apply under the Tourist visa category and provide all of the required documentation for the same, and would be required to pay the visa fee in addition to the service charge. Please note that the UK Residence Permit/BRP card must state the exact following wording
1* “Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA/EU National”
2 * “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”
Please note all of the required documentation listed below is mandatory for all applicants, including such cases where flights, accommodation, insurance and other items may be arranged by applicant’s employer, travel companies or any other companies or individuals.
1. Important - If you are a Family member of a Spanish national, you must provide the LIBRO DE FAMILIA document.
1. If you plan to travel by car, you will need to provide copy of driving licence (if someone else is driving – a letter from them and their passport copy to be provided), car insurance and V5 (Car registration documentation), or car rental documentation.
2. Please complete the following Travel Plan document showing details of your full travel itinerary, and bring this document with you when attending for your appointment.
1. If you plan to travel by car, you will need to provide copy of driving licence (if someone else is driving – a letter from them and copy of their passport), car insurance and V5 document (Car registration documentation) or car rental documentation. You will also be required to provide full documentation showing means of crossing the borders other than by air or land (e.g. ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets).
2. If travelling by ferry, you will need to provide your hotel bookings.
1. Please do not staple any documents.
2. All documents must be in English or Spanish or duly translated in these languages. Translation must be officially translated by a certified, professional translator.
3. An appointment does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
4. Processing time is minimum amount as stated on the Processing Time section above; please be aware that it may take longer in some cases
5. The acceptance of a visa application and documents by BLS does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Once an application is forwarded to the Consulate, they may request more documentation or make further requests from you in order to process the application.
6.All decisions regarding the issuance of, duration and number of entries for a visa are at the sole discretion of the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..
Applications accepted at the Spain Visa Application Centre will be submitted on the next working day at Consulate General of Spain in Edinburgh . Once the application has been submitted, the applicant can be further requested additional documentation in support of the same. Please note that the minimum processing time is between 3 and 4 weeks.
Kindly note if application submitted in Manchester centre, it may take up to 48-72 hours in transit to Edinburgh. All the applications received in Manchester will be sent to Embassy/Consulate on next working day.
Please click here to see which nationalities take longer .
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
To download the Application Form:
1. Click on the form link
2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
2. Select Save Target As from the list
3. Save the form on your computer.